International Short-term Visiting Scholar
International Short-term Visiting Scholar,
International Center for Cultural Studies, National Chiao Tung University
International Institute for Cultural Studies, University System of Taiwan
To cope with varied forms of conflicts rising from gigantic changes in inter-Asian societies, it is imperative to first form research teams across disciplines, universities, and countries, then initiate reexamination of history, analytics of current issues, decolonization of knowledge, and exploration of the question of community, and finally come up with thinking strategies and solutions for the building of cross-border cooperation and co-living society in inter-Asian societies. In this regard, the International Center for Cultural Studies (ICCS) & International Institute for Cultural Studies(IICS) calls for excellent short-term visiting scholars to stimulate pluralistic research and innovation, and encourage cross-disciplinary exchange.
1. Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree, and a full-time faculty position at a foreign university or institution.
2. Scholars in humanities and social sciences-related fields are welcome.
3. Applicants’ research proposals need to match the ICCS’s master project.
First Round: Application starting from now to May 10th, 2018
(Expected duration: August 1st, 2018 ~ December 31st, 2018)
Second Round: Application starting from July 1st, 2018 to August 31st, 2018 (Expected duration: October 1st, 2018 ~ June 30th, 2019)
Duration: At least one month, but no more than three months
1. Application Form for Short-term Visiting Scholar
2. Personal Information of the Research Scholar
3. Research Proposal (Please describe your proposed duties/contribution in the ICCS project)
4. Submit electronic copy of application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line as “Short-term Visiting Scholar— xxx (your name).” Email submission is complete upon the reception of the ICCS’s confirmation email.
Financial Support: A monthly stipend of at least NTD$ 20,000 for each short-term visiting scholar.
Responsibilities of the ICCS and Short-term Visiting Scholars:
1. The ICCS will provide short-term visiting scholars accommodation.
2. The ICCS will facilitate short-term visiting scholars in related administrative matters.
3. The ICCS provides access to the NCTU’s campus resources, including borrowing and lending privileges in the library and use of computer of the Information Technology Service Center.
4. Short-term visiting scholar should expected to deliver at least two public lectures and to participate in in the ICCS & IICS’s academic activities.
5. Short-term visiting scholar’s research result during the appointment should be incorporated into the research result of the ICCS.
The Director and executive committee members of the ICCS will invite scholars in related fields, if necessary, to form a task force and screen the criteria and research proposals.
Announcement of Results:
The ICCS expects to appoint three short-term visiting scholars. Announcement of results will be posted in the ICCS’s website. Each applicant will receive notification of the application result via email.
For more information regarding the ICCS,please visit:http://iics.nctu.edu.tw/en/spout If there is any question, please contact us via email@example.com or 886-3-5131531.
1.Application Form for Short-term Visiting Scholar
2.Personal Information of the Research Scholar