International Center for Cultural Studies, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
International Institute for Cultural Studies, University System of Taiwan
ICCS Students Group Research Grant
In regard to facilitate Integrated Research Project, the International Center for Cultural Studies(Hereinafter as the ICCS), National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University and the International Institute for Cultural Studies, University System of Taiwan, has now launched a Group Research Grant for the ICCS Students. We encourage graduate students to get together to formulate small research groups and to produce diverse knowledge. By this grant scheme, we aim to cultivate and expand the research capabilities of our center as well as our fellow students in cooperation units. And as a result, we look forward to promote cooperation and exchanges in the field of Inter-Asian Cultural Studies.
Application Deadline：March 30th, 2020
Announced Date：April 30th, 2020
Maximun Subsidy Amount: NTD 100,000 / group
Eligibility Requirements and Further Information
a. Graduate students instructed or recommended by the ICCS researchers.
b. Graduate students who are either master or doctoral students in Taiwan.
c. The research group can involve a minimum of 3 and up to 10 members.
d. The research group is responsible for the development and execution of the research project. Regular meetings, and discussions with the instructor are required.
e. The instructor has no role in assessing the feasibility of the group research project as well as commenting on the final research outcomes.
A Research Plan and a Budget Plan must be included in your application
i. Research Plan (no more than 2000 words, required information as follows)
1. Research Proposal: a) Problematics; b) Background; c) Objectives; d) Methodology; e) Expected Outcomes(presentation of research objectives and outcomes, such as academic research papers (WPS or journals), series of essays (CJD), blogs, publications, films/documentaries, exhibitions, websites)
2. List of Members: Name, Institute, Descriptions, and Job Duties of each members
3. Work Schedule: work schedule of the research project includes meeting, preparations, event planning, outcomes delivery and any related activities in the estimated timetables. You are welcome to present it in a Gantt chart. (Please refer to the outcome delivery section in Rule 4)
4. Other Supplementary Documents: previous related research works
ii. Budget Plan(maximum $100,000 allowable expenses in principal)
Please explain the reasons for the use of funds in 500 words and list them in a budget table. The Budget Plan should cover every expenses related to the group research and they should be listed properly. The grant items are the expenses for the research group members to implement the project, such as research expenses, printing fees, editing fees, design fees, postage, lecture fee, and speaker transportation expenses.
1. Outcome Delivery and Reimbursements
a. Outcome Delivery
i. After review by the instructor, the Research Outcomes Report must be submitted either to the ICCS’s CJD or WPS platform.
ii. The research group is required to provide a Summary of the Research Outcomes(800-1000 words, with photos attached), which will be published on the center's website and annual report.
iii. An acknowledgement of “This work was supported by the International Center for Cultural Studies, ICCS_NYCU (Awardee of Research Center for the Special Fields Program, Higher Education SPROUT Project)” should be included in any relevant publications of the research project.
iv. The Research Outcomes Report must be submitted within 2 months after the end of the research project. Research groups who fail to do so shall return all their grants.
Reimbursements shall be approved by the ICCS office in accordance with the reimbursements procedures before the end of the research project. The deadline of reimbursements for the 2nd term will be December 1 of the year.
• 1st Term: Mid-End of March; Funding decisions will be announced by the End of April
• 2nd Term: Mid-End of July; Funding decisions will be announced by the End of August
• Please send us your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org titled “apply for the ICCS Students Group Research Grant - title_of_your_research”. Shortly after you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation letter from the ICCS.
• You will be contacted if we require additional information to process your application. Please resubmit all the required documentation at one time to assist in streamlining the assessment of applications.
Announcement of Application Results:
The application will be reviewed by the Student Affairs Committee of the ICCS. Funding decisions will be announced on the center's website and the granted research group will be notified.
For further information, please contact our office.
Contact Person: Ms. Nini Tan, Tel: +886-3-5131657
Address: R103, HA2, 1001 University Road, Hsinchu, 30010 Taiwan / Email: email@example.com