A Full-Time Faculty Position at Assistant Professor Level (or Higher) Institute of Social Research and Cultural Studies National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University Taiwan
The Institute of Social Research and Cultural Studies(SRCS) invites applicants for a full-time position (Assistant Professor or higher). The successful candidate will begin the appointment from August 1, 2022 or February 1, 2023. Applicants are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
1. Area of specialization in humanities and social science and a doctoral degree awarded by any university recognized by the Ministry of Education (ROC) is necessary. Applicants with teaching or research experience are preferred.
2. Capacity of developing research and offering courses related to the following areas:
(1) Social and cultural theories; (2) Taiwan society and culture; (3) critical Inter-Asia studies; (4) artistic intervention and social activism.
3. Offering courses in English (at least one English-medium course per year).
To apply for this position, please submit the following certificates and documents (three hard copies and one electronic copy) by February 11, 2022 (postmark date):
1. A cover letter and a CV
2. The copies of the highest education certificate (For doctoral candidates who have fulfilled all course requirements, qualifying examination and dissertation oral examination, a provisional degree certificate is required. The official doctoral degree certificate is required by the date of appointment.)
3. Transcripts of the highest education, which can be waived for those with a certificate of assistant professor (or higher) issued by the Ministry of Education
4. A certificate of assistant professor position (or higher) issued by the Ministry of Education (optional)
5. A certificate of your current employment is preferred.
6. Publication list, 2-5 representative publications in full text, and your illustration of their academic contribution
7. Research statement that illustrates your current research topics, future research plans and their compatibility with the SRCS research goals
8. At least 2 course outlines proposed by the applicants that illustrate the objectives, weekly topics, references, originality, and relevance to the SRCS programme
9. 2-3 letters of recommendation
10. Proof of English teaching experience, if available
11. Additional certificates or documents supporting your application
Applications (3 hard copies) should be addressed to: The Recruitment Committee Institute of Social Research and Cultural Studies National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University 1001 University Road, Hsinchu City 30010 Taiwan (Please note that all application materials in hard copies will not be returned to the applicants)
An electronic copy of the application materials should be emailed to our administrative staff Ms. HUNG Hui-fang (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Application for Assistant Professor Position (or Higher) in the SRCS” and your full name in the email subject.
Tel: (+886) 3-513-1593 Fax: (+886) 3-573-4450